I expect a steep learning curve, as with any new software.
Things I'm likingInstall was easy.
- The install script was quite nice.
- I setup my database using MySQL.
- Uploaded 3 files to my server.
- Ran the install script.
- I had this site up and running within an hour.
Things I need to learnI've heard mention of some features I'm not sure how to implement.
- "clubs" - groups of people by location or interest
- This is one main reason I switched from Tiki.
- I still don't see the link to create these clubs.
- I will call them "Porches."
- After all, this is the Virtual Front Porch
Things I'm on the fence aboutRatings, points, awards, etc.
- Designed to get people involved with the site.
- You get points for doing things like:
- Voting in a poll
- Rating content
- IOTD chosen
- Poll chosen
- Submitting various forms of content
- Length of membership
- Visiting the site
- Posting on the forum
- Entering/passing quizzes
- Being given them (this is described in a later section)
- Earning them from selling a download (this is described in a later section)
- Earning them in the ocWorld addon (this is described in a later section)
- I guess we'll see how this plays out…
Things I'm not likingWhen editing a page with WYSIWYG:
- If the page gets very long, it's a real inconvenience to have to scroll up to get the code buttons.
- Ex. To do this area,
- I scrolled up to do the Heading 1. Then scrolled down to type the heading.
- Scrolled up to do the list. Then scrolled down to type.
- Scrolled up to indent the list. Then scrolled down to type.
- I do like that hitting "Enter" unindents 1 time.
- Do it again and it goes to no list…
- I hit an Enter and look, I'm unindented now.
It would be nice to have this part of the page in a scrollable text area, so it's easier to use the top menu of buttons…
Documentation is a bit lightThat is typical for open source software.
- I will need to create a User Guide.
- aha, I discovered tab pushes of the indent of the list!!! woohoo.
- I was having to do the same for my site using Tiki CMS groupware.
That's it for now,